Born 1980, graduated in Painting from the Academy of Fine Arts in Wrocław, Poland. She is a painter and performance artist, a prcess-based rebel.Working in many media she constantly redefines their boundaries; emotions are essential element of her idea of art. One of such projects was the Twelve-month War, realized in 2013. The action explored the issues connected with the place of the artist on the art market and in the circles of cultural institutions, as well as those that searching for space, recognition for her own art, and uncompromising confrontation with the viewer entails.
Chamczyk was twice awarded scholarships of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage. She is also a finalist of some of the most prestigious competitions in Poland, including the 10th Geppert Competition in Wroclaw, 6th Triennial of Young Artists in Orońsko, and a Vordemberge – Gildewart competition in MOCAK. She has had numerous solo exhibitions and participated in dozens of group shows, including in the SCC Gallery in Isfahan, Iran, the EntropiaGallery in Wrocław, Poland, the GSW in Opole, the BWA in Zielona Góra, the Centre for Contemporary Art in Toruń, the Festival in Sokołowsko, the ERARTA in Sankt Petersburg.
Her works are in many private and public collections in Poland and abroad.
Lives and works in Warsaw.
She?s being represented by the Arttrakt Gallery from Wrocław and by the Supermarket Sztuki Gallery from Warsaw.
Represented abroad by CAT BLANCHE
(Catharina Banach): http://catblanche.de/artist/izabela-chamczyk/
short CURRICULUM VITAE
- UNIESIENIE [Exultation] performance, MOS Gallery, Gorzów Wielkopolski.
- GRUBO [Thick] and performance Dance! Galeria Apteka Sztuki, Warsaw
- ?Painiting as a disease? in Supermarket Sztuki Gallery, Warsaw.
- ?SYNERGIA? [SYNERGY] performance on Museums Nights in Supermarket Sztuki Gallery, Warsaw.
- ?PSYCHOANIMALJA? video exhibit in cooperation with Agnieszka
Obszańska & Renata Iwaniec, Atelier Wro, WRO ART CENTER, Wrocław.
- ?THORN? performance implemented as a part of residency in Iran. Isfahan, SCC
Gallery. cooperation Farzad Azimbeik, curator Alireza Labeshka.
- USTROJE [Regime or Systemic fluids], paintings, videos, Artrakt Gallery, Wrocław.
WOJNA DWUNASTOMIESIĘCZNA [TWELVE-MONTH WAR].
- ?STANY SKUPIENIA? [STATES OF MATTER], paintings, video. Entropia Gallery,
- ?NIESKOŃCZONOŚĆ? [INFINITY], performance in a public space, BWA Gallery,
- ?DOTYKAJ? [TOUCH], exhibition of sound paintings and a performance, Strefa A
?DO TWARZY MI W NIEBIESKIM? [BLUE SUITS ME], exhibition, performance,
Entropia Gallery, Wrocław.
- ?TO JUŻ ZOSTAŁO NAZWANE? [IT HAS ALREADY BEEN NAMED],
BWA Gallery, Zielona Góra.
- ?Kochaj mnie? [Love Me], painting exhibition and ART ATAK action,
Arttrakt Gallery, Wrocław.
- ?A stranger?, performance during Polish – German weekend at Edyta Stein House,
- ?NAZWIJ TO JAK CHCESZ. Zawsze chciałam to zrobić? [CALL IT AS YOU WANT.
I?ve Always Wanted to Do It], performance, Entropia Gallery, Wrocław.
- ?MALOWAĆ? [TO PAINT], performance and multimedia painting screenings,
diploma show taking place at night (July 10?11) in three different locations in
2017 – CO Z TĄ ABSTRAKCJĄ [What about this abstraction?] Gierowski Fundation, Warsaw
- “Zwierze” ["Animal"] Bardzo biała Gallery, Warsaw.
- Participation in the international festival “Labyrnt” Słubice / Frankfurt an der Oder.
- Jagna Ździrska nie umie malować. Bardzo Białą Gallery, Warsaw.
- ?NOWE ILUSTRACJE? [New illustration] Arsenał Gallery Białystok.
- ?MALARKI? [Woman painters] Biała Gallery Lublin
- ?CZYSTA FORMALNOŚĆ? [Formality] Gallery of Modern Art Labirynt, Lublin
- Biennale Maediations exhibition The Limits of Globalization, Poznań.
- E(rarta) MOTION PICTURES II, festival of short films about painting,
Sankt Petersburg, Russa.
- Epidemic. CSW Toruń.
- Exhibition of competition entries, small format paintings, Wozownia, Toruń.
- 6th Performance Festival ?Koło Czasu?: ?JESTEM? [I AM] performance, CSW Toruń.
- INTERACTIONS Festival, Piotrków Trybunalski.
- Silesia Biennale in Wałbrzych: ?NOTHING PERSONAL?, performance, exhibition
at Wrocław Contemporary Museum.
- Young Triennial, Orońsko, performance.
- BEYOND THE LIMINAL EXPERIENCE exhibition, [Valut] Gallery, Prato, Italy.
DISTINCTIONS AND AWARDS:
- Distriction of ?Obieg? potral from Gallery of Contemporart Art in
?BIENNALE BIELSKA JESIEŃ? painting competition.
- Scholarship awarded by of Minister of Culture and National Heritage.
- Nomination and participation in the E(rarta) MOTION PICTURES II, festival of
short films about painting, Sankt Petersburg, Russia
- Nomination to Vordemberge – Gildewart Foundation Awards, exhibition at MOCAK
Museum of Contemporary Art in Cracow.
- Młoda Polska scholarship for young artist awarded by the Ministry of Culture and